Today’s class blends the balancing effect of Alternate Nostril Breathing with the Kriya for Polarity Balance. These two will help to bring balance to the energy channel that runs down the center of your body, the channel to allow the prana, your life force, to flow freely & energetically throughout the body.
Two main components of prana are the prana and apana vayus, or winds. Prana vayu is located in the head by the third eye and its energy pervades the chest area (like an inhale). Its flow is up and out. Apana Vayu is located by the pelvic floor and its energy pervades the lower abdomen. Its flow is down and out (like an exhale).The main channel is the Shushumna Nadi-the central energy channel that is flanked by, on the left, the Ida, female moon energy that starts at the root and ends n the left nostril and on the right, by the Pingala, masculine, sun energy that ends in the right nostril. These two nadis, criss-cross the shushumna nadi, resembling a cadusa, intersecting at each chakra.
Breathing long and deep through the right nostril will give energy.
Breathing long and deep through the left nostril bring calmness.
Breathing long and deeply through alternate nostrils simultaneously soothes, calms and energizes the whole nervous system which will revitalize you.
1 min. each
- Breathe only with the left nostril.
- Breathe only with the right nostril.
- Breathe in with the left and out with the right.
- Breathe in with the right and out with the left.
- Close the right nostril, inhale deeply through the left nostril. At the end of the inhale, close the left nostril and exhale through the right. Now alternate sides, back and forth.
To End: Inhale deeply, hold the breath a few seconds, lower the hand, and exhale.
Seated Warm-Up: Hip Circles; Spinal Flex; Twist; Lazy Neck Rolls; Butterfly; Boat…
- Tilted Balance: Extend through the core. Balance is the basis for health. 2 min. each side.
- Demi-Squats: Inhale up; Exhale down. This exercise will put pressure on
the hips, spine and the muscles along the back. 5 min.
- March w/ Robot Arms: move the arms back and forth with a precise and controlled
movement. The left arm should move forward as the right knee comes up. Continue alternating sides. For the final minute, increase the pace, moving powerfully.
- Wide Legged Hip Circles: Allow the entire body to move and rotate. 3 min.
- Heel March: Dance on your toes. Hips move. 3 min.
- Yoga Jumping Jacks: Rhythmic 3 min.
- Dancing Pointer Dog: Try to kick butt. The left arm should move forward as the right foot kicks back. Continue alternating sides. 3 min.
- Dancing Pointer Dog w/ Partner: Face a partner. Do same exercise but grasp hands and lift legs together on alternate sides as legs go back. 1-1/2 min.
- Partner Squats: Spread legs. Hold hands facing each other. Squat in demi-knee bends, then come up. Inhale up, exhale down. 1-3 min.
- Straight Line w/ Arms-Over-Shoulder Group Standing Meditation: Close eyes. Stand still. 1-5 min (play Electric Boogie). Feel the group electricity.
- Seated Cross Heart Mediation: Sit in an easy meditative pose. Fold and hold the hands at heart center. (Listen to Guru Ram Das Lullaby by Bachan Kaur. Sing along in head)
- Rest w/ Chakra Meditation: Lie down and rest. Meditatively sleep.
- Ong Namo by Eeday
- Breathe-Prana Apana by Ananda Yogiji f. Jaya Lakshmi
- My Friend Is A Seahorse (James Priestley & Dan Berkson’s Bariz e Syntho Remix) by Kissogram
- Ease My Mind (DJ Premier Mix) by Arrested Development
- Om Zone Pt. 1 by Stephen Halpern
- Circles by Adam F
- Adi Shakti-Bhakti Mantra by Ajeet Kaur
- Om Namaha Shiva by Sheila Chandra
- Ek Ong Kar by Tina Malia
- In White Rooms (Neo Mix) by Booka Shade
- Wahe Guru by Jai-Jagdeesh
- Electric Boogie by Marcia Griffith
- Ek Ong Kar by Simrit Kar
- Guru Ram Das Lullaby by Bachan Kaur
- Humme Hum by Mirabai Ceiba
- Eterno Sol by Balwant Kaur & Gurinder Singh