I am so lucky!
A few years ago, I taught teen yoga workshops for the library. They were a lot of fun and I really enjoyed sharing them with the community through the library. One of the best things, is that all programs through the library are open and accessible to all and are free of charge for the participants.
Fast forward to now. The teen librarian shared my name with the adult programming coordinator and voilà! through a generous self-help grant, I am now offering my Groove & Flow series through their online event portal (search for yoga in calendar). Here is the link to my online yoga video-library. Along with my classes, the library has been able to bring a fabulous online Qigong program with Dr. Ming Wu and Dr. Wei Li. Here is the link for the online Qigong video-library.
I skimmed though the library’s yoga book selection and created a list of books that I thought would compliment my teaching. Of course, there are so many yoga books available, so my list is just a snap shot of some. This list does not include children’s books (here’s are two good blog posts I wrote “My Top 20 Books About Yoga For Kids” and “21 Mindfulness and Yoga Books and card Decks For Kids”)
- Accessible yoga: poses and practices for every body by Jivana Heyman
- Adaptive yoga moves any body by Mindy Eisenberg
- Autumn winter spring summer by Sandra Sabatini, Silvia Mori
- Chair yoga for seniors: stretches and poses that you can do sitting down at home by Lynn Lehmkuhl
- Chair yoga: seated exercises for health and wellbeing by Edeltraud Rohnfeld
- Chair yoga: sit, stretch, and strengthen your way to a happier, healthier you by Kristin McGee Gentle yoga : a guide to low-impact exercise by Lorna Bell and Eudora Seyfer
- K.I.S.S. guide to yoga by Shakta Kaur Khalsa
- Lilias! yoga gets better with age by Lilias Folan
- Relax into yoga for seniors : a six-week program for strength, balance, flexibility, and pain relief by Kimberly Carson, MPH, E-RYT; Carol Krucoff, E-RYT
- Relax into yoga for chronic pain: an eight-week mindful yoga workbook for finding relief and resilience by Jim Carson, PhD, Kimberly Carson, MPH, C-IAYT, Carol Krucoff, C-IAYT
- Restore and rebalance : yoga for deep relaxation by Judith Hanson Lasater, PhD, PT
- Yoga for body, breath, and mind : a guide for personal reintegration by A.G. Mohan
- Yoga for healthy aging : a guide to lifelong well-being by Baxter Bell, MD, Nina Zolotow
- Yoga for women by Shakta Kaur Khalsa
- Yoga for women : wellness and vitality at every stage of life by Shakta Khalsa
- Yoga for osteoporosis : the complete guide by Loren Fishman, Ellen Saltonstall
- Yoga in bed : awaken body, mind & spirit in fifteen minutes by Naomi Sophia Call
- Yoga mind & body by Sivananda Yoga Vedanta Centre