Yoga on the Downtown Common, Framingham
Saturday July 13th, 2019
This weeks Kundalini Fusion class is based on two kriya’s. The first for Releasing Elementary Stress and the second for Strength and Stability. I had one lesson planned out but was so inspired by my own class last night that I did some adjusting and I am even more satisfied with the flow now. In general, for maximum benefit, kriya’s should be done in full, but this is not a Kundlini yoga class-just one inspired by it. I also know that benefit will be reaped even in this fusion form. What can I say…I like to color outside the lines. I want to do something that no one else is doing which will be the authentic representation of the energy inside my soul that inspires me to dance. #AlwaysBeDancing
Elementary stress causes imbalances by creating blockages inside the body. They act like a dam blocking the flow of prana/life force energy through the body-therefore causing illnesses to arise physically, emotionally, and energetically. We need to open the flood gates to release this stress.
Sometimes we have to create friction (and even look at our own inner friction) to initiate change. By channeling energy into our third chakra, the seat of our willpower, we can become stronger and more stable and will be able to initiate, carry through and absorb positive change in our bodies and out lives.
July is an exceptionally fiery and creative month. Use friction to your advantage to channel energy for good within you and let go of destructive, negative habits. Use this “hot” energy/friction as a positive tool to proactively move forward in your life.
- Ong Namo by Shakta Kaur Khalsa
- Ek Ong Kar by Tina Malia
- Initiation by DJ Taz Tashid & Ingmarlo
- Boy With A Coin by Iron & Wine
- Brazilian Rhyme (Fearless Mix) by Mondo Grosso
- Hey Hey by Muete
- Dinner At Sugarbush by Brent Lewis
- Expansion by Lonnie Liston Smith
- Rock Creek Park by The Blackbyrds
- Chattr Chakkr Vartee by Nirinjan Kaur
- If At First You Don’t Succeed by Aaliyah
- Ease My Mind (DJ Premier Remix) by Arrested Development
- Me Myself &I by De LA Soul
- Ram Ram Haree Ram Ram Ram Haree Haree meditation by Snatam Kaur
- Long Time Sun by Paramjeet Singh & Kaur
- Rockin’ Robin by Michael Jackson
Sequence: Once started, the class will flow in it’s natural form. Not all parts of the sequence may be practiced.
- Seated Warm-up
- Slap n’ Clap in 5’s
- Rib Slap
- No-No Hands
- Drum the Ground
- Seated Dance
- Chattr Chakkr meditation. Rhythmically sit straight. Hypnotically go to sleep.
- Stretch Pose
- Cross Crawl
- Ram Ram Haree Ram Ram Ram Haree Haree meditation. Egyptian mudra
- (Possible: Group clapping game, if time permits)