I am always trying to open paths to a richer experience. When I teach yoga, I choose a contemplation and from there build the class. This week, I was inspired by something my yoga teacher talked about and I kept mulling over it for myself. Intuitive awareness. To be intuitively aware; Allowing your intuition to blossom and grow like a flower because you are aware of it and its power.
When I meditate, I see colors. I see a crunching blackness and then it gets eaten away by the vivid colors of the rainbow-like a geode kaleidoscope. Sometimes its deep and dark purple/indigo/blue; others times bright yellow and one time even pink and green-like watermelon tourmaline. I feel calm and floating when I see these colors. I am in awe and entranced yet at peace. Another student mentioned after class that she too saw colors. Her pattern is different than mine but I could totally relate. I am so inspired by her discovery that I am planning a chakra balancing class for next week and I will be interested to hear her experience with it. I see these color-visions as relating to the chakras. Each chakra is a whirling energy center along the spine and head. Each one a lotus flower that blooms and grows in each of these energy centers. Every chakra is related to a gland or glands. The ultimate goal to balance the chakras would have a profound effect on over-all health and well-being-total happiness, health and wholesomeness.
Breathing Sequence (1-3 min each) :
- Left nostril breathing only.
- Right nostril breathing only.
- Breath in left and out right only.
- Breathe in right and out left only.
- Alternate nostril breathing (In left & out right; In right & out left…)
- Breath of fire. *at end of each section, breathe in and hold for 10-30 seconds, pull up root lock; try to beam out the third eye the whole time/eyes at 3/4
- Hug Side-to-Side
- Cactus-Arm Twist
- Spinal Flex
- Life Nerve Stretch
- Butter Fly-Flaps & Hold
- Pelvic Tilts
- Pistons (Hold at end)
- Rock and Roll
- Cobra (Hold & Side Glances)
- Child’s Pose
Here is the sequence in a chair:
- Stand and dance gracefully. Arms are completely relaxed. Close eyes. Consciously release all the tension from each body part. Scan and release. Begin to sway gently. Dance gracefully with freeing, easy movements, using every body part
- Stop. Stand still and straight. Begin to gently touch every part of your body. Feel sensitive with the palms of hands.
- Lean forward and hang completely relaxed. Use a block or a chair to rest on if the floor is too far away. Gently bend your knees so your hips can be completely relaxed. Breathe normally.
- Stand carefully. Hang back slowly with arms hanging loosely by sides. Feel like you are resting on Little Bo Peeps crook. Back up along the pole and then upper back gracefully following the crook. (1 minute only)
Cross Heart Kriya With A Partner: This meditation balances the hemispheres of your brain, allows your past to become processed and released, and eliminates insecurities.
- Sit back-to-back with a partner. Spine straight and together.
- All all grudges to release as you breathe easily.
- Cross the forearms below the wrist and place them in front of the chest. Arms should be out slightly and angled a bit up towards the chest.
- Eye Focus: Look down to the tip of your nose.
- Mantra: Sa – Infinity Ta – Life Na – Death, Transformation Ma – Birth
- Process: Chant “Sa Ta Na Ma” and press the corresponding fingers to your thumb on each syllable. Chant out- loud (2 min.); chant in a loud whisper (2 min.) chant in head and continue hand movements (4 min.); chant in a loud whisper (2 min.); Chant out- loud (2 min.). Hear the chant with your third ear which is in the same location as your third eye, right in the middle of the brow.
Sa – Press thumb and index finger (brings knowledge)
Ta – Press thumb and middle finger (brings wisdom and patience)
Na – Press thumb and ring finger (brings vitality)
Ma – Press thumb and pinkie finger (brings enhanced communication)
- To Finish: Inhale and suspend breath, roll eyes up to look out third eye and become completely still.
- Relax in resting pose.
- On Namo Guru Tune-In by Shakta Kaur Khalsa
- Breathe-Prana-Apana by Ananda Yogiji f. Jaya Lakshmi
- Circles by Adam F
- Ek Ong Kar by Simrit Kaur
- Move Your Body by Marshall Jefferson
- Bah Samba (Yoruna Soul Vocal Mix) by Tired Little One
- Toast by Koffee
- Om Tar Tuttare (Red Fulka Remix) by Deva Premal & Miten
- Salala by Angelique Kidjo f. Peter Gabriel
- Ek Ong Kar Sat Nam Siri Wahe Guru by (unknown)
- Short Kirtan Kriya by Nirinjan Kaur
- Long Time Sun by Paramjeet Singh & Kaur