July is a hot month! You can choose to channel its fiery intensity into positive thoughts, ideas and bursts of creative energy. Let go of irritability, damaging aggression and bursts of negative emotions. Use the friction to spark positive change!
- Om Namo Guru Tune-In by Shakta Kaur Khalsa
- Cosmic Cycles by Bachan Kaur
- Circles by Adam F
- Mondo Grosso (Fearless Mix) by Artist Unknown
- Bah Samba (Yoruba Soul Vocal Mix) by Tired Little One
- Words (Yoruba Soul Mix) by AbysSoul, Sio, Osunlade
- Rose Maria by Chambao
- Tangos De Mi Novia by Son De La Frontera
- Ek Ong Kar Sat Nam by Snatam Kaur
- Har Hare Hari Wahe Guru by
- Long Time Sun by Paramjeet Singh & Kaur
Continuing this week on the theme of activating the 3rd Chakra, the seat of your willpower, by activating the abdominal muscles while at the same time striving to completely relax the abdominal muscles, to help them release inherent patterns of restriction and stress. A free and balanced third chakra/abdomen will lead to better digestion and elimination physically, emotionally, mentally and energetically. Heal & Release!
Joy on the inside and peace on the outside,
Loving on the inside and laughing on the outside,
Kissing on the inside and healing on the outside,
Flowing on the inside and thriving on the outside,
Clearing on the inside and accepting the outside,
Shining on the inside and shining on the outside.
Even though it’s not on the play list for today, I have been thinking a lot about the mantra Om Narayana Shanti Om as sung Wade Imre Morisette. The words just make such sense. Love yourself. Heal yourself. Shine on! Shine on!. The mantra basically means paying respect, peace and love to the ultimate being. You do not have to focus on the identity of a god or a particular being or belief. Just reach deep inside yourself, so far in that you are in your bliss body-the ultimate state of oneness and find your caliber, character, consciousness, courage and commitment. (These are the 5 C’s of Yogi Bhajan). I look at them like the map to being authentically you.
Caliber= Quality/ Character= Your essence/ Consciousness= Intelligence/ Courage= Determination/ Commitment= Dedication
The following set is based on the Kundalini Yoga, the Kriya for Navel Center and Elimination. My classes are a fusion of my life as a flamenco dancer and a dedicated yogi. I have always just wanted to dance. From the days I spent watching Soul Train on Saturday mornings while dancing in my living room using the large picture window as my own private studio mirror, go-go dancing at Man Ray, being embraced by the punk rock community, becoming a Bohemian, discovering the spirituality of the house dance family, tap dancing, flamenco…flamenco…flamenco…to yoga…yoga….yoga…the fusion begins.
- Leg Pistons (2 min.)
- Double Leg Lifts (1 min./30 sec rest; repeat)
- Sphinx with butt kicks (2 min.)
- Baby (2 min.)
- Stretch Pose w/ Breath-of-Fire (1 min.)
- Stand: feet together; gracefully pendulum side-to-side (2 min.)
- Stand: Twist; L arm out; palm front; R hand to chest. (2 min.)
- Dance (15 min.)
- Alternate leg lifts (2 min.) Didn’t fit into the class.
- Seated “U” B-o-F (2 min.)
- Easy pose. Arms overhead; palm-to-palm; close eyes; meditate on 3rd eye. Ek Ong Kar Sat Nam Siree Wahe Guru (2-3 min.)
- Rest deeply (3-5 min.)
- Group Meditation: Har Haray Haree Wahe Guru (5+ min.) This truly was the best part of class. I cannot thank the participants enough for their willingness to try something new!