Today’s Kriya is the Nabhi Kriya for Prana-Apana from the Aquarian Teacher by Yogi Bhajan
1. Life Nerve Stretch var.
• Right leg straight
• Leg Foot on Right side of leg; a comfortable seated floor-tree so you get maximum stretch with as little strain as possible.
• Hold Foot. Bend straightened leg until you can grasp toe. Stretch might increase by straightening leg as pose progresses.
• Press thumbs against big toenail
• Tuck chin so back of neck is very long
• Breath-of-Fire 1min. Focus on big toe through eagle eyes.
• Switch sides
2. Kicking Buttocks
• Alternately kick buttocks with heels.
• Inhale while raising a leg; Exhale while striking buttocks
3. Leg Pistons
• Inhale, left knee to chest; right leg out parallel to the floor. Extended leg stays parallel to floor.
• Exhale as left leg extends and right knee comes to chest
• Powerful breath 2min.
• Inhale extend both legs out.
4. Front Platform
• Press up; weight supported by hands and tops of feet (Do not lock elbows)
• Straight from Head-to-Toe
• Breath-of-Fire 2min.
• Inhale and hold breath briefly
• Exhale completely and hold breath out briefly.
5. Stretch Pose
• Raise heels 6”
• Raise head & Shoulders 6” and stare at toes.
• Arms stretched by sides pointing at toes.
• Inhale hold briefly.
• Inhale. Exhale completely and apply Root Lock.
6. Heart Center Stretch for Healing
• Spread arms 60 degrees, parallel to ground, as if to open arms to embrace someone.
• Take a few Long-Deep_Breaths.
• Inhale, make fists and bring fists to the center of chest, as if pulling in a great weight.
• When fists reach chest center, exhale forcefully.
• Repeat 2-3 times.
• Arms out again. Tense fingers. Long-Deep-Breathing 1min.
• Slowly bring hands hands approximately 4 inches form chest, palms facing, not touching each other. Stare at the space between the palms and feel the energy flow between the hands.
• Long-Deep-Breathing 1min.
• Bring palms together. Meditate with attention at the Brow Point. 1min.
• Bend forward from waist, bring forehead and palm to floor. Relax. 1-2min.
7. Caliber of life Meditation: Conquer mild depression and discouragement
• Easy pose
• Light neck lock.
• Extend arms straight forward, parallel to ground. Elbows remain straight through the whole meditation.
• Curl fingers of right hand into a fist.
• Extend thumb straight up.
• Wrap fingers of left hand around right, so end of palms still touch and extend thumb straight up, so that both thumbs touch along their sides. There will be a tiny “v” between the tips f the two thumbs.
• Focus eyes on this “v”.
• Look as if through a eagle eyes, seeing far away and seeing the “v”.
◦ Inhale deeply 5sec.
◦ Exhale completely 5sec.
◦ Suspend breath out for 15sec. (can increase hold to up to 1min.)
◦ Start with 3min and work up to a maximum of 11min.