For today’s Yoga-Snack, I led the kids through a light vinyasa sequence. They have more knowledge of the asanas and are able to combine them to flow.
We started in Easy Pose, held our bellies and did three large belly breaths. I had a request for Bumble Bee Breath, so we did 3 of those, with our hands over our ears and then for one final breath, we did Volcano Breath, big breath in through the nose, hands rise above head, look up, then on a large open mouthed exhale, blow all the “fire” out that is inside you.
We lay back, and one leg at a time, lifted our leg up, perpendicular to the floor and pulled gently to stretch, then hugged that knee in and then carefully switched legs. Then we hugged both legs in and gave ourselves a huge, satisfying yoga hug. Then 3 rock and rolls up to Navasana (Boat Pose).
The Flow Sequence:
1. Mountain Pose, hands at heart center
2. Up Mountain, hands joined above head, let head fall back
3. Uttanasana (Standing forward bend): Shake head yes and no.
4. One knee lunge, hands on knees; lift arms high and let head fall back
5. Adho Mukha Svanasana (Downward Facing Dog Pose): Wag tails
6. Plank (hold it to make you strong)
7. Lower slowly to Cobra Pose, big breath in and Lion’s Breath Out(Repeat)
8. Downward Facing Dog
9. One leg lunge (choose opposite leg), hands on knees; lift arms high and let head fall back
10. Rise Up and Standing Forward bend
11. Up Mountain, hands joined above head, let head fall back
12. Mountain Pose, hands at heart center
13. Dancer’s Pose (First time simply with hand holding foot; second try full Dancer’s)
14. Kneel down, sitting on heels and feet and relaxed under your body). Lean back on hands, lift chest, let heads fall back.
15. 2 Miutes of Silent Meditation
16. “Yogini Went To Sea” (Acapella because my speaker wasn’t working)